Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is us!

Welcome to our wedding blog! This is a silly little creation of myself to let everybody know who wants to know all about our wedding. Some people are super-duper into weddings, and right now that's who Wayne and I are catering to. If you don't care, well, me neither for the most part.

We'll just see you on October 23, 2010.

That's when we're getting married by the way.

But for everyone else who needs to pass some time or wants to be in the know, well this blog is just for you. So let's start at the beginning:

This is me:Hi! I'm Alicia (like you didn't know that already). I just recently graduated from college with a journalism degree. Currently, I work as a church secretary. Sure, it's not rubbing elbows with celebrities or eating lobster every night, but I value the people I come into contact with more than celebrities and I get sick every time I eat shellfish. So it's a good match.

And this is Wayne:
Wayne graduated from college a year earlier than I did, and found a job working for a newspaper in Southern Illinois. When it became apparent that upward mobility doesn't exist in the southern part of the state, he (and me...and the cat) packed our bags and headed north. Now, he works on Web sites and keeps eBay businesses going while scouring the planet for his dream job. That, and he does the dishes, so he's basically perfect.

And here are our cats Ada and Inky:

Ada is actually Wayne's wonderful brother Luke's cat that's really just too snuggly and to give back (although we totally would if he really reeeaally wanted her). She plays fetch and gets into trouble, but can melt your heart with one headbutt. Inky is a completely different story and Wayne likes to say that he chose us as his family. A few weeks ago he showed up on the doorstep hungry and alone, and now we're getting him used to being a full-fledged housekitty after discovering that he too is one of the sweetest cats on the face of the earth.

And that's our family. Two people, two pets. It makes voting difficult.

After almost two years of the boyfriend/girlfriend thing, Wayne popped the question by sending me on a treasure hunt. I came home from work to find clues on the door leading me to a painting in the living room, a bedroom in my mom's house, a mailbox at a supermarket, a parking lot at an apartment complex, my desk at work where I found roses and a clue leading me home where Wayne was waiting at the door on one knee with the prettiest ring I have ever seen.

Like I said earlier, we've set the date for October 23, 2010 at the St. Joseph Church in Chatham. We're hoping for a beautiful fall wedding with all the seasonal trimmings. That's probably a good enough introduction for now, so I'll catch you on the flip side!

<3 Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I have to know. When Wayner initiated this quest for the engagement ring did he give you a double billed Sherlock Holmes hat and a pipe and say "There is a mystery afoot!"

    ReplyDelete